Friday, February 5, 2010

9:14

...is all I ask you devote to watching this video. Over the years I have enjoyed many types of racing but rally cars have always seemed to play a part in my life. I remember going to the department stores at Christmas as a kid and always gravitating to the "rally car" models although I had no real idea of what they were. A squatty Fiat with a tire strapped to its roof just seemed cool! X-Games gave World Rally cars a rebirth a few years ago and my access to media through the internet allowed me a conduit to footage that is not readily available in the states and I took advantage. This clip is Ari Vatanen in the Isle of Mann Manx Rally in 1983 and although it doesn't show the "Dear God" moment this rally is known for, it's the highest quality clip I could find. Enjoy...

1 comment:

  1. At certain points, it's like they're careening through a tunnel.
    Gives the spectators a little fist bump at 6:30. Nice.

    ReplyDelete