Monday, September 28, 2009

Yikes!

This is what my rear tire looked like after getting home! Once again, I pushed my rear tire to the limit and almost didn't make it home. Turns out the Diablo is a steel-belted tire which is probably what allowed it to last as long as it did. After getting to the motel Sunday night, it was obvious the tire was done but there were no chords showing. By the time we got to Yellville, Monday morning, things were looking grim and I was dreading every mile home from that point on. More on the trip later.







1 comment:

  1. Looking at these pics again, the Diablo still has a nice round profile. I have ordered a set of Bridgestone BT-016s to try out and hope to have them mounted up early next week. I have found a guy here in Tulsa that will mount tires for me for $10/tire without balance. Had the ZRX tires mounted and noticed no vibration whatsoever. I'll report on the tires after I have some miles on them.

    ReplyDelete