Monday, October 18, 2010

SUFJAN STEVENS


If you see one show this year, I can almost bet it will NOT be this one. You'll be missing something though. I had a coworker ask me to go to this so I checked his older stuff out on the net. Had plenty of banjo in it, so I thought, "What the heck for $35." All his stuff last night was new - and in Sufjan's words and my opinion - experimental. I knew almost nothing that was played. However, I can say that this was probably the best live show I have ever attended in my life. I had made this decision about three songs into the evening. There just seemed to be a tremendous energy in the music. At times, I would think, why do I like this so much? What are they doing up there that I dig so dang much? And it wasn't the banjo, because he put that down after this first song and never touched it again the rest of the night. What a fantastic show. Just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment