Sunday, September 19, 2010

Went Hiking and almost stepped on a THIS.....

So I set out hiking yesterday. I hit Weston Bend State Park, which overlooks the Missouri River. The trail I chose evidently hadn't been walked in a few days because I fought spider webs across the trail the whole way. I hate that. I had to use a branch held out in front of me to cut down the webs so I wouldn't get tangled up every few feet. Anywho, on my way back DOWN the trail and moving at probably a slightly quicker clip, I stopped well in advance of these copperheads. They had crawled out and were lying dead square in the middle of the trail. I proceeded around them with extreme caution and only took the picture after passing safely.

I also saw this creature, which wouldn't stop moving long enough for me to take a decent pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment