Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

I just couldn't stand not knowing what kind of shape the bike was in so I went up to the storage yard to take a look. I think several factors played into my advantage that kept damage to a minimum. Wreck happened at low speeds and we actually ended up in the entrance to a parking lot which has some upward slope to it which took some vertical out of the drop.

Front rim seems to have taken the worst of it as it must have "dug in" on the incline. Bottom of fork leg is scuffed.



2 of the 3 places the front fairing is scuffed. Bottom of radiator shroud is scuffed. Custom blinker is scuffed.



3 of 3 places the front fairing is scuffed.



Can is scuffed.



Bar end and lever on right side.



Left rearset looks bent and heelplate was sheared off.



Rear brake lever mangles and possibly the rearset bent.



The savior!



All in all I feel I got pretty lucky considering I was physically struck by the truck. Hopefully I can get the rear sets sorted before the rally and I'll deal with the other items afterwords.

4 comments:

  1. Dude. Could have been a LOT worse.... It could have been the REX. Thank God!
    Seriously, I'm glad you're okay.
    I've started a trust fund thread in the Rider Down forum of the OA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you remember this post or not....but you will when you pull up the pics. It might be time to get naked...
    http://hooliecrew.blogspot.com/2009/04/bitten-bad.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already on it biotch!

    http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1876278#post1876278

    C-Naked

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do we start stripping her down?

    ReplyDelete