Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A New Year and Things to Come...

First off, a HUGE "thank you" to Douglas for putting together the "2009 Hooliecrew Year in Review" video. It's so very nice to have a quick 10 minute clip to bring back all the memories and to whet the appetite for all the rides to come. I know how much work went into putting the video together and it makes it that much more special to me. I must have watched it a dozen times already and my ass-crack gets bigger every time! If only we had something similar for every year we have been riding together.

On another note, I suppose it is official, the Hooliecrew will be visiting the great state of Tennessee the 2nd full week of May and I for one can't wait! It will be nice to trailer up and to have access to some fun toys to play with so everyone better brush up on their xBox360 MotoGP 2009 as I am going to give you all an ass-whoopin'! Plenty of good roads and all the time in the world to explore them. Now if I could only find a vehicle that got more than 10mpg, I'd be all set.

Work is going well, meaning we have plenty of it, and for that I am grateful. We are picking smaller remodel projets across all client groups which is messier and less profitable work, but it is enough to keep everyone busy and to stave off any lay-offs for the immediate future. The 10th of January was my 10 year anniversary at Scott&Goble and it is so hard to believe it has been that long... until I look in the mirror that is! LOL. 011000 - 011010 (SGA's Digital Man)

Finally, Cindy bought be a ContourHD sportcam for Christmas and the weather cleared up enough for me to get it mounted and take some video today at lunch. See link to video below and let me know what you think. I have it mounted to the right radiator guard and the angle looks about right. Kind of neat to see the suspension working and will be cool to see how much the forks compress in some of the downhill hairpins. The video was still uploading to YouTube at the time I posted this blog so quality will not be maximized for a few hours as Google does its magic. I am also posting the 2009 Hoolicrew video for any visitors to the blog to enjoy. Look forward to seeing you guys and would love to get some e-mail banter started about the trip. Where to stay, what to see, etc.



1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more!
    The video not only brought back some great memories from 2009, but of the prior years also. We have had some great times riding Arkansas roads over the years, and I am truly grateful to have met you boys and shared our riding times together......absolutely some of the best times that I have ever spent motorcycling.

    Let me take this opportunity to thank D once again for the awesome job on the video........Thanks for all the time and effort you put into that thing! Great Job!!!

    I get a little better mileage than you C, but at 14 MPG, and the higher price of diesel, it isn't much better. Doing a quick figure on Mapquest, it looks like our Tennessee trip will have me putting around 2400 miles on my truck. 600 to ES, 900~ish to tennessee, and then 900 back to Texas......that's a lot of diesel! That is going to be one hell of a trip though and I am very stoked.

    We need to make this the year that we made some great videos. I also got a new camera this year....the GoPro HD. I have not had much opportunity to work with it yet other than taking a few videos from the dash of my car (boring), but I will get it sorted out and be ready for the riding season.

    ReplyDelete