Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Original 452 Racing



I'm guessing you guys might have received Chad's email about his revived racing endeavors. This inspired me to remake a video I had partially lost in a computer crash last year. It also gave me the chance to improve upon the original, as I have honed my craft much as a samurai sharpens his sword. Anywho, I'll post this here and then Chad can take it for his blog if he chooses. Video DOES have sound; crank it up!!! Also, be sure and toggle the "HQ" button on the bottom right, which allows for Higher Quality viewing of the video.

Note toward the end of the video there are pictures of a corner worker talking to Chad and Chad's riding buddy. The corner worker had ventured into the pits from the farthest corner on the track. He was looking for Chad because he had seen him execute a miraculous save during the heat race just completed. As Chad tells it (to the best of my recollection), Chad had checked up for some squid in front of him and he grabbed every ounce of brake that little SV had (and then some). The back end raised up off the ground in what Chad called an "endo". In the pic, the corner worker is seen to hold his hand up "yay high" in indication of how far Chad's back tire came off the ground. The worker claims they were heading out to pick him up off the pavement and were astonshed when Chad rode it on out like a seasoned racer.

In case you didn't get the email about Chad's new race blog:
http://452racing.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment